The Drive Medical Viper Lightweight Wheelchair is a versatile wheelchair right out of the box and it is easier to propel and transport than an average weight wheelchair. The Viper comes standard with adjustable padded arms, multiple seat-to-floor height positions, anti-tippers with flip-up wheels that never have to be removed, and push-to-lock wheel locks. The back is height adjustable from 18 to 20 inches to provide added patient comfort. The carbon steel black powder-coated frame is high strength while remaining lightweight. The wheelchair upholstery is made of durable nylon which is flame retardant and resists mildew and bacteria for long-lasting comfort and cleanliness. These comfort options make the Viper from Drive Medical an ideal wheelchair for anybody that needs to be in a wheelchair for extended periods of time. This wheelchair is available with various arm styles, seat widths, and swing-away footrests or elevating leg rests.
This model of the Drive Viper Wheelchair has a 12-inch wide seat and weighs just 30 lbs. (excluding front rigging) while supporting up to 250 lbs. In addition, this model is a flip-back desk arm wheelchair that comes with swing-away footrests with tool-free adjustable length riggings. See full product features and specifications below.
Product Features of the Drive Medical Viper Lightweight Wheelchair with 12-inch Seat, Flip Back Desk Arm and Swing-Away Footrests:
- 8" front casters have 3 height adjustments
- Back height adjustable from 18" to 20"
- Carbon steel black powder-coated frame double coated for an attractive, chip-proof, maintainable finish
- Comes standard with flip-up anti-tippers
- Comes with push to lock wheel locks
- Comes with swing-away footrests with tool-free adjustable length riggings
- Composite footplates with heel loops are durable and lightweight
- Composite mag-style wheels with aluminum hand rims are lightweight and maintenance-free
- Composite steel lined front receiver is angled so the arm will lock into place every time
- Dual axle provides easy transition of seat height to hemi level
- Durable, flame retardant nylon upholstery resists mildew and bacteria
- Easier to propel and transport
- Flip-back arms allow for easy transfer
- Frame style eliminates seat guides and allows for custom backs and accessories
- Nylon padded armrests provide added patient comfort
- Precision sealed wheel bearings in front and rear ensure long-lasting performance and reliability
- The front-mounted release lever can be flipped up or down depending on the patient's needs
- Urethane rear tires and casters offer superior performance, smoother ride, and are lightweight
Additional Drive Viper Wheelchair Specifications for 12-inch Seat Models:
- Viper with 12" Wheelchair Seat is 20" Wide When Open
- Width Closed: 12"
- Height with 12" Wheelchair Seat: 32"
- Seat-To-Floor Height: 13.5" - 15.5"
- Back Height: 16" - 18"
- Seat Depth: 12"
- Length with Riggings: 36"
- Product Weight: 30 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 39 lbs. or less
- Limited Lifetime Warranty