September is Healthy Aging Month!
Healthy Aging Month was developed in order to focus national attention on the positive aspects of growing older. Healthy Aging Month was begun 15 years ago. Since then, this awareness campaign has helped aging folks (and their loved one!) become greater aware of their physical and mental health, diet, social skills, financial situations, and so much more - each and every one a vital factor for happy, healthy and fruitful aging.
Act how you feel rather than acting your age!
Take charge of your life and your well-being by aging with a healthy body and a healthy mind.
There are many ways to take advantage of Healthy Aging Month by taking the time to celebrate life, and to learn to build a more positive outlook about growing older. A positive outlook and a proactive approach to your daily life is one of the best ways to empower healthy aging!
Here are some great ways to help guide you to get the most out of life as you age. You DESERVE healthy aging; you've earned it!
Celebrate the Quality of Your Amazing Life
Always remember: We are never to old to keep on learning and experiencing
1) Become an Intern: You are never too old to start something new!
2) Take Classes That Interest You: It's never too late to take classes and to learn new things
3) Volunteer: Volunteering gives you the opportunity to meet new people, feel needed, and feel positive about the good things you accomplish
4) Move Your Body: Always keep moving! Engaging in physical activity keeps us all feeling young
5) Travel: Take this time in your life to explore new and beautiful places, even if those places are close to home