This folding Kiddie Rectangular Adaptive Mobility Device (AMD) with Indoor Wheels from AmbuTech was designed to assist in training children who use canes for the blind (mobility canes), who may have difficulty learning to navigate safely using a cane.
The included low-profile wheels, which are built into the bottom cross support of the AMD, are suited for use indoors, or on firm outdoor surfaces.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Lightweight fiberglass design
- Easily folds into 2 equal sections when not in use
- Uses the same composite aluminum joints, finger guards, and double string elastic cord available on AmbuTech's full line of folding canes
- This model is 32 in. long. A full selection of lengths is available from 36 in. to 60 in. in 2-in. increments (90-150 cm in 5 cm increments)
- Low profile plastic wheels for use on firm indoor and outdoor surface areas
Transition Skills Components:
- Double cane grips to give students or clients the tactual familiarity of a cane grip
- Stair Extension that allows students or clients to hold the AMD in a balanced position while clicking up each step using the same skill patterns needed when ascending stairs using a standard cane