- Converts NIMAS files into DBT or MegaDots files
- Exports to files for DBT and MegaDots, ready for braille production
- Exports to MS Word docs w/BANA (Braille-ready styles)
- Automated "wizards" convert odd text styles to enable correct Braille
- Available to licensed DBT 11.1 & MegaDots 2.4/2.5 users only
NimPro 1.2 converts NIMAS files into DBT or MegaDots files while automating many steps needed for quality braille production.
- NimPro reads in the often massive NIMAS or Daisy files containing graphics and text.
- NimPro offers a series of Wizards and Tools to get the text ready for braille production.
- NimPro saves text in Word, DBT, or MegaDots file formats (in braille volume size chunks, if desired).
- NimPro is designed to clean up many of the problems found in publisher files.
- NimPro purchase and use requires an existing, modern DBT or MegaDots license
ABOUT NIMPRO 1.2 (02/26/2014)
Improvements over NimPro 1.1 include:
- Complete support for network activation, not just independent activation.
- Works smoothly with a remotely activated DBT.
- Support for custom installations on any drive, not just the default drive (C:).
- Improved output of italic (emphasized) text when exporting .dxp files for DBT.
- Improvements to background image processing and display, with better handling of images with bad data.
- In the NimPro display, the old "word count" has been replaced by a more useful combination of a character counter, word counter, and estimator of the number of braille pages in the selected text.
- Clearer and more consistent font display.
- This release is necessary for NimPro to recognize the latest DBT release, DBT 11.2.
Duxbury Systems is introducing a new product, NimPro, to read NIMAS files. This product automates many of the common transcriber steps which may be very time consuming. These files can then be exported to DBT (version 11.1 or higher) or to MegaDots (version 2.4 or 2.5).
NimPro is currently available to licensed DBT 11.1 and MegaDots 2.4/2.5 users only. NimPro is not networkable. It must be installed and activated on each computer individually.
Be aware that some NIMAS files are very large. Dealing with large files requires a lot of memory. We recommend that your computer have 2G of RAM memory in order to deal with large NIMAS files. One of the advantages of NimPro is that it can divide these files into manageable pieces to submit to DBT or MegaDots.
WHAT NIMPRO DOES:
- NimPro directly reads NIMAS/Daisy files. Often NIMAS files are huge, and loaded with graphics. You can start the preparation of these files for braille using NimPro.
- NimPro exports to files for DBT and MegaDots, ready for braille production.
- Nimpro exports to Microsoft Word documents with BANA Styles (Braille-ready styles) included as an interim format to present to DBT or MegaDots.
- Nimpro contains automated "wizards" to convert inconvenient and inappropriate text styles into styles that facilitate correct Braille, applied at the user's direction to the pages or sections the user selects.
- NimPro contains style editing commands to allow format changes to individual text elements.
- Nimpro has several ways of handling images. One approach is to render images from the original text into tactile graphics using QuickTac, available free from Duxbury Systems. Another approach is to replace graphic images from the original text with either text or direct Braille. Both approaches are illustrated in the screen shots shown below.
- NimPro lets you divide the document into manageable segments for Braille production.
- NimPro converts all unrecognized text styles into styles understood by DBT and MegaDots.
- NimPro offers easy controls to adjust multiple heading levels to match the needs of Braille output.
- NimPro has controls to adjust automatic list numbering, bold face, and italics.
- NimPro has automatic addition of guide dots on tables of contents.
- NimPro has automatic conversion of the complex mark-up of tables into the correct format for DBT, MegaDots, or MS Word. This includes handling of lists and multiple paragraphs within tables and complexities such as tables nested inside other tables.
- NimPro offers control over the output of page number references.
- NimPro displays sidebars with a grey background to distinguish them quickly from the main text.
- NimPro offers a separate window to display the original document with the complete XML mark-up for user reference.
Duxbury Systems Return Policy
All returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). You must call MaxiAids customer service at 1-800-522-6294 within 90 days of your purchase to obtain an RMA and you must also remove and de-activate the software from all com