- Dries & sanitizes hearing aids, improving performance
- Can be used with any hearing aid model
- Can also be used for cochlear implant components
- Accommodates up to four BTE hearing aids
- Can be used anywhere in the world
The Dry and Store Global II Hearing Aid Dryer-Sanitizer removes destructive moisture and dries earwax that can interfere with hearing aid functioning. The result is that your hearing aids sound better and operate more efficiently so batteries can last longer. It can also reduce or even eliminate itching and irritated ears.
It can be used with any hearing aid model and was designed to be easily portable and adaptable to international power supplies.
FEATURES and BENEFITS:
- One button operation, hinged lid
- Single drying compartment accommodates up to two ear-level cochlear implant processors or four BTE hearing aids or one body-worn processor
- Lightweight and portable for travel
- The AC adapter with the Dry and Store Global II can be used anywhere in the world - no voltage converter necessary. All that's needed is the appropriate plug adapter, or you can travel adapter-free by ordering individual power supplies with native plugs. (Choose from US, UK, Europe, Australia, or South African plugs.)
- Ships with the AC adapter for standard US wall outlet
- Works with either the Dry-Brik desiccant or a rechargeable can-type desiccant.
- One-year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty
Weight: 2 lbs. (Slightly less than 1 kg)
Unit size: 7.2 wide x 4.9.9 deep x 3.3 high.
Drying Compartment: (Single tray) 3.9 x 2.9 x 1 Positive-latching hinged lid with a drying compartment that will accommodate all types of hearing aids, including many body worn aids. Dry and Store Global can also be used with cochlear implant microphones, headpieces, and speech processors (both ear-level and body-worn).
The unit timer resets itself each time the lid is opened, so that short-term conditioning is possible.
Input Power: 100-240 volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 1.0A maximum.
Output: 24 VDC at 15W maximum.
The default AC Adapter has a US/Japan plug, but Schuko (European), UK, or Australian plugs are available. Will also work with an inverter for 12V service.
Your Dry and Store Global II can be used anywhere in the world - no voltage converter necessary. All that's needed is the appropriate plug adapter, or you can travel adapter-free by ordering individual power supplies with native plugs. Choose from US, UK, Europe, Australia, or South African plugs.
Conditioning Cycle: Dry and Store has an operating cycle of eight hours. It conditions at an average temperature of 96.8 degrees-104 degrees F (36-40 degrees C) and a relative humidity of 19-25 percent, based on indoor ambient temperatures from 65 to 86 degrees F (18-30 degrees C). The germicidal lamp (see below) illuminates for the first three minutes then turns off automatically.
Air circulating fan: Ball-bearing fan continuously circulates warm, dry air for the entire operating cycle, causing moisture to move out of the hearing instruments by diffusion.
Ships with either the disposable Dry-Brik II desiccant or an oven-rechargeable metal dry can, depending on location. Both types of desiccants are available as accessories, and Dry and Store Global operates well with either, though a can-type does not provide the deodorizing function that the Dry-Brik provides.
The custom desiccant contains an aggressive sorbent (mol sieve), packaged in an attractive, molded, disposable container. Each Dry-Brik has a shelf life of at least one year, unopened. Once the foil label is removed, the Dry-Brik II lasts two (2) months. Replacement desiccants are inexpensive and are available from Dry and Store distributors. The desiccant also absorbs odors as it dries.
The Dry and Store germicidal lamp is a short wave low pressure mercury vapor tube that produces ultraviolet (UV) wavelengths that are lethal to micro-organisms. During its one-and-a-half minute cycle, just 90 seconds, the lamp will generate enough germicidal energy to yield a 99 percent kill on common bacteria found in the external ear canal. Elimination of this flora from hearing aids can significantly reduce itching and the reintroduction of infection-causing bacteria into the ear canal. To the user, this means less itching and irritation, and fewer recurring infections of the external ear canal.
Note: The UV-C lamp is a surface sanitizer only, and it has little to no penetrating power. This means that it is not damaging to plastics or earmolds. (Germicidal lamps are not to be confused with sunlamps or blacklight lamps, for while those are also