- Explore the healing benefits of yoga
- Develop your sense of body awareness and alignment
- 24 basic yoga poses presented step-by-step
- Special insights from the blind perspective
- Five-CD set
With over 20 million people in the U.S. exploring the healing benefits of yoga, Beginning Yoga for the Blind and Visually Impaired now brings yoga to the blind and low vision community.
Gretchen Hein, a certified yoga teacher and her partner, Marty Klein, blind author, workshop leader and yoga student combine their knowledge and insights to bring you a dynamic and inspiring introduction to the basics of yoga.
Inside this 5-CD set you'll find:
- physical activities that develop your sense of body awareness and alignment or cultivate a deeper spatial sense of your body and proper alignment.
- basic stretches that tone the body, develop flexibility and strength as well as encourage deep relaxation.
- 24 basic yoga poses presented in a clear, step-by-step manner, specially designed for those with little or no sight.
- how to use a yoga mat and other props as guides when you practice.
- special insights for the blind and visually impaired from the blind perspective.
- tips for yoga teachers for their blind and visually impaired students.
- directions for programming your own yoga sequences.