- Multi-channel system with 8 selectable frequencies -- allows multiple tour groups to operate in the same vicinity
- Easy set-up and simple operation; allows full freedom of movement for tour group; belt clips included for hands-free operation
- Features the new, sleek PPA T46 FM body-pack transmitter; auxiliary input permits broadcasting from any audio source
- 150-foot operating range
- Lifetime-PLUS Limited Warranty (90 days on accessories)
The Williams Sound TGS Pro Multi Personal PA FM Tour Guide System is a lightweight, multi-channel system that helps people with hearing difficulties listen directly to the tour guide and provides individual, personal volume control.
This Personal PA FM Tour Guide System features eight selectable frequencies, which allows multiple tour groups to operate in the same vicinity, simultaneously, with no crosstalk or interference. It ensures superior, wireless communication between the tour guide and participants. With the tour guide's message delivered directly to their headphones by way of an FM signal, participants can focus on the areas of the tour that meet their personal interest, without missing important information.
An FM listening system operates just like a small radio station. Input can come from a microphone, sound system, or other audio source. An FM transmitter, directly connected to the sound system used in a facility, broadcasts radio signals on pre-set frequencies (frequencies that the FCC has determined and restricted for use by assistive listening and language interpretation systems). These signals are received by the participants' individual FM body-pack receivers, which act like radios, tuned to the specific frequency in use.
Set-up is easy and operation is simple, combining superior audio with easy-to-use controls. The system is completely portable. Belt clips are included for hands-free operation.
Ideal for Group Tours; Destination Marketing Organizations; Cruise Ships; Tourism Offices; University Tours; Large-Scale Guided Attractions; Museum and Presentation Centers; Chambers of Commerce; and Factory-Plant Tours.
Designed to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility requirements.
NOTE: The Personal PA Tour Guide System is approved by the FCC for operation in U.S. markets. The system cannot be used in all countries. Check with your government's radio regulations for 72-76 MHz operation.
- (1) PPA T46 transmitter
- (10) PPA R37-8N receivers
- (1) MIC 100 rear-wear headset microphone
- (11) BAT 001-2 (two AA batteries)
- (1) CCS 030 S carry case
Note 1: All items can be purchased separately
Note 2: Headphones and earphones sold separately
PPA T46 TRANSMITTER
- Dimensions: 4.1 in. (L) x 2.8 in. (W) x 1.1 in. (D) (104 mm x 71 mm x 28 mm)
- Weight: 2.6 oz (74 g), no batteries
- Color: Black-Silver
- Enclosure Material: Shatter-resistant PC-ABS plastic with textured scratch-resistant aluminum faceplate
- Battery Type options: Two (2) AA 1.5 V non-rechargeable Alkaline batteries (BAT 001-2), 75 mA nominal current drain, up to 30 hours battery life, or
Two (2) AA 1.5 V NiMH rechargeable batteries (BAT 026-2), 75 mA nominal current drain, up to 20 hours battery life per charge, recharges in 14-16 hours, uses CHG 3502 or CHG 3512 Charger
- Operating Frequencies: Selectable, 17 channels, 72.1 - 75.9 MHz; Switchable 8 or 17 Channel Mode (8-channel mode is used for simultaneous groups)
- Stability: plus or minus 005 percent, frequency synthesized, crystal reference, PLL
- Modulation: Wide-band FM, 75 kHz peak, 75-microsecond pre-emphasis
- RF Output: 80 mV/m at 3 m (max. allowed by FCC rules)
- Frequency Response: 180 Hz to 13 kHz, plus or minus 3 dB at 1 percent max THD
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB (typical) transmitted
- Transmit Antenna: Integral with microphone cord
- Microphone: Electret type, 3.5 mm mono plug
- External Display: OLED for status and menu information
- Status: Ch-Freq, Mic Audio Level, Auxiliary Input Audio Level, Battery Status, Mic Mute, Channel Lock, Dual-Preset mode
- Menu: Ch-Freq display mode select, Volume, Aux Input, Compression, 17 or 8-channel mode, screen time out, screen brightness, restore default settings
- External Controls:
Momentary push button: push and hold 3 seconds for power On/Off, push and release for microphone mute On/Off;
Left, Right and Menu buttons for accessing and changing transmitter settings;
Battery type switch (Alkaline or NiMH) located behind the battery compartment door
- External Indicators: Power LED - Green, flashes when battery is low
- Mic Input: 3.5 mm mono jack with electret mic bias, adjustable gain with 25 dB range
- Aux Input: 2.5 mm stereo jack, adjustable gain