The VIP3000 was specifically designed to enable blind and visually impaired users to independently set up and control their Talking Thermostat. It operates on up to 3 stage gas, oil or electric heating & up to 2 stage cooling, conventional or heat pump systems. For 24V single transformer systems only.
- Enhanced audio playback of all display screen information
- Audio playback of each temperature setting degree change when UP or DOWN is pressed
- Audio playback of day, time, temperature setting and indoor temperature when the REPORT button is pressed
- Instructions are included on audio CD disk and in large print
- Operates on up to 3 stage gas, oil or electric heating & up to 2 stage cooling, conventional or heat pump systems
- Weekday / Weekend ("5/2") Programmable Operation
- Four separate time and temperature settings for Weekday / Weekend
- Stores both heat and cool temperature program settings
- Audio instructions for setting up day/time and programmable operation
- Audio "Help" message for assistance if heating or cooling problem occurs
- Battery powered (4 "AA" alkaline)
- Audio & display screen alert messages for Filter, System Service, UV Light Service (optional) and Low Batteries
- Fahrenheit or Celsius temperature operation. The range is 40 degrees F (4 degrees C) to 90 degrees F (32 degrees C)
- 7 terminals for 24V single transformer systems
- O/B terminals for heat pump systems
- Freeze protection: automatic heat when temperature less than 40 degrees F (4 degrees C)
- W2 terminal for second stage heat or back up heat for heat pump systems
- Y2 terminal for second stage cooling / second stage compressor heat pump systems
- Emergency heat capability if heat pump is inoperable
- Adjustable settings for second stage / back up heating
- Manual or Programmable Operation: Change operation from manual to programmable by pressing the PROG button. When "Program is Off" is heard it operates as a conventional thermostat and temperature setting adjusts by pressing the UP or DOWN (arrow) keys. When "Program is ON" is heard it operates as a programmable thermostat and temperature settings automatically adjust four times a day.
- Silent or Audio Instructions: Voice instructions for setting Day & Time and Programmable Operation can be turned on or off
- Off the Wall Programming: Front plate of thermostat can be detached for program set up away from the wall mounted base.
- Auto Change-Over Operation: Heating or cooling automatically runs as indoor temperature requires. Eliminates going to thermostat to change from heat to cool (of vice versa)
- Indoor Air Quality Fan Operation: Fan automatically runs the programmed number of minutes, each hour, to insure healthy air filtration. Eight optional run time settings are available.
- One Year Manufacturer's Warranty