- Audio playback of settings chosen
- For up to 3 stage gas, oil or electric heating
- Up to 2 stage cooling, conventional or heat pump systems
- Uses 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Large print and audio CD instructions included
The VIP3000 was specifically designed to enable blind and visually impaired users to independently set up and control their Talking Thermostat. It operates on up to 3 stage gas, oil or electric heating & up to 2 stage cooling, conventional or heat pump systems. For 24V single transformer systems only.
- Enhanced audio playback of all display screen information
- Audio playback of each temperature setting degree change when UP or DOWN is pressed
- Audio playback of day, time, temperature setting and indoor temperature when the REPORT button is pressed
- Instructions are included on audio CD disk and in large print
- Operates on up to 3 stage gas, oil or electric heating & up to 2 stage cooling, conventional or heat pump systems
- Weekday / Weekend ("5/2") Programmable Operation
- Four separate time and temperature settings for Weekday / Weekend
- Stores both heat and cool temperature program settings
- Audio instructions for setting up day/time and programmable operation
- Audio "Help" message for assistance if heating or cooling problem occurs
- Battery powered (4 "AA" alkaline)
- Audio & display screen alert messages for Filter, System Service, UV Light Service (optional) and Low Batteries
- Fahrenheit or Celsius temperature operation. The range is 40 degrees F (4 degrees C) to 90 degrees F (32 degrees C)
- 7 terminals for 24V single transformer systems
- O/B terminals for heat pump systems
- Freeze protection: automatic heat when temperature less than 40 degrees F (4 degrees C)
- W2 terminal for second stage heat or back up heat for heat pump systems
- Y2 terminal for second stage cooling / second stage compressor heat pump systems
- Emergency heat capability if heat pump is inoperable
- Adjustable settings for second stage / back up heating
- Manual or Programmable Operation: Change operation from manual to programmable by pressing the PROG button. When "Program is Off" is heard it operates as a conventional thermostat and temperature setting adjusts by pressing the UP or DOWN (arrow) keys. When "Program is ON" is heard it operates as a programmable thermostat and temperature settings automatically adjust four times a day.
- Silent or Audio Instructions: Voice instructions for setting Day & Time and Programmable Operation can be turned on or off
- Off the Wall Programming: Front plate of thermostat can be detached for program set up away from the wall mounted base.
- Auto Change-Over Operation: Heating or cooling automatically runs as indoor temperature requires. Eliminates going to thermostat to change from heat to cool (of vice versa)
- Indoor Air Quality Fan Operation: Fan automatically runs the programmed number of minutes, each hour, to insure healthy air filtration. Eight optional run time settings are available.
- One Year Manufacturer's Warranty