- Handheld WiFi Media Player for the blind, those with low vision, and the visually impaired
- Plays DAISY books, MP3, MP4, EPUB, and many other media formats
- Choice of two built-in, human-sounding voices for a pleasant text-to-speech experience
- Records voice and media with the built-in microphone or the line-in connection
- Includes: USB AC Power Adapter (5V 1A) ; Micro-USB Cable (short); Micro-USB Cable (long); Earbuds; SD Memory Card; and Silicone Case
Far more than just another audio player, the New Generation Victor Stream's wireless capability opens up the world to people who are blind or visually impaired.
The Victor Reader Stream is an accessible, handheld digital media player that lets you listen to books, newspapers, music, internet radio stations, and even use online reference tools through a familiar telephone-style keypad with tactile keys.
Imagine having the latest novels, magazines, your favorite music, audio-described films, texts and your own voice recordings, all in the palm of your hand. With its new, lightweight (less than 4 oz) and compact design, the Victor Reader Stream (New Generation) delivers hours of listening pleasure ANYWHERE!
The New Generation Victor Reader Stream is 28 percent smaller than its predecessor. Its new sleek design is thinner and features rounded corners, making it more comfortable to hold.
The Victor Stream opens new possibilities for receiving content wirelessly, from books and newspapers to podcasts and radio. It also features a louder speaker, superior text-to-speech, and improved recording.
The high-contrast, robust, tactile keypad and popular Victor Reader bookshelf navigation make this the easiest to use handheld media player on the market.
In essence, the Victor Reader Stream is a multimedia library in your pocket.
Take your books, music, and much more, everywhere you go.
- Read books from DAISY libraries: National Library Service (NLS), Bookshare, Learning Ally
- Download content directly from Bookshare and NFB-Newsline over wireless connection
- Enjoy books and music from iTunes
- Listen to your favorite Internet radio station
- Use the power of popular online reference tools like Wikipedia
- Hear text documents read to you by Acapela's built-in text-to-speech reader
- Supports up to 32GB removable SD memory cards and external USB flash drives
***NEW IMPROVED VERSION 4.8 SOFTWARE***
Version 4.8 of the Victor Reader Stream software brings with it enhancements to the organization of voice notes, updated time synchronization,
fixes and enhancements to the National Federation of the Blind NFB Newsline content, additional numeric text entry options and other fixes and improvements.
Simply connect the Victor Reader Stream to your WiFi network and it will automatically detect when an update is available.
Full release notes are available before updating.
Dimensions: 114mm x 62mm x 18mm (4.5 in. x 2.4 in. x 0.7 in.)
Weight: 110 g (3.9 oz) including battery
DAISY formats supported: 2.0, 2.0.2, and ANSI-NISO Z39.86 2002/2005 (DAISY 3)
Audio formats: MP4-AAC, AMR-WB+, FLAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Speex, WAV
Text-to-speech: Acapela (2 voices) to play brf, txt, html, xml, DOCX, EPUB
SD slot supports up to 32GB SDHC memory cards
Li-Ion battery: Rechargeable via USB or USB AC adapter
Recharging time: 5 hours via AC adapter
Wireless protocol: IEEE 802.11 b-g-n
Operating time: Up to 15 hours on headphones (may vary depending on content and player settings)
Built-in speaker and 3.5 mm headphone jack
Micro-USB port for connecting to external USB flash drives or computer
Recording format: PCM, WAV, MP3
Microphone: Built-in mono and 3.5 mm stereo jack
Power-data jack: Micro-USB
Firmware upgrade via SD memory card or online
Real-time clock with date-time announcement
View User Manual
Special Order Policy
MaxiAids Restocking Fee Policy
Due to manufacturer requirements and restrictions, MaxiAids has outlined the following restocking fee policy for certain items as follows:
- There is a 20% restocking fee for items that are being returned by the customer
- In addition to 20% restocking fee, the product may have to be returned to the manufacturer at the customers expense
- Customer order may n