Increase your comprehension, expand your vocabulary and improve your fluency! Hear words or lines of text spoken aloud in English. See and hear definitions and synonyms. Get easy one-touch translation to Spanish. Scan any printed text. Hear words spelled aloud, letter by letter. Display shows word broken up into syllables.
ReadingPen 2 is preloaded with both Basic and Advanced dictionary sets:
The Basic dictionary set is designed for the elementary/middle school-age readers. The dictionary and thesaurus are school curriculum focused with easy to understand definitions. It recognizes over 250,000 words.
The Advanced dictionary set is designed for the high school/college/adult reader. The American Heritage College Edition Dictionary and Roget's Thesaurus recognize over 600,000 words.
- Scan any printed text and hear it spoken aloud
- Remembers the last 80 scanned words
- Display scanned text in large characters
- Designed for both right and left-handed users
- Simple, easy to use buttons for operation
- Easily switch between Basic and Advanced dictionaries
- Toggle between dictionary and thesaurus
- Look up words within the definition or thesaurus
- Read words, lines, definitions and synonyms aloud
- Optical scanning head to scan printed text
- Buttons for easy navigation
- View scanned text and definition on the screen
- Hear text read aloud through the built-in speaker
- Built-in speaker
- External earphone socket for private listening
- Auto shut-off preserves battery life
- Weight: 3 oz. (90 grams) without batteries or flash memory card
- Dimensions: 6.4" x 1.5" x 1" (163 x 38 x 23 mm) with cover
- Power Supply: 2 AAA 1.5V batteries (included)
- Includes: Protective carrying case, Earphones, User manual, Clip-on scanning trainer