The state-of-the-art Olympus DM-720 Digital Voice Recorder, the upgraded replacement for the Olympus DM620, includes high-quality recording features packed into an efficient, smart metal body. It's equipped with an easy-to-use interface, extended editing operations, and various playback functions.
The Olympus DM-720 Digital Voice Recorder features superb "Tresmic" (3-microphone) stereo-quality recording. Its built-in, three-microphone system includes both directional and omnidirectional microphones to realistically capture the depth and fullness of the recorded sounds. The Olympus DM-720 achieves an excellent high Signal-to-Noise ratio due to its low-noise microphone design. The two stereo microphones are arranged outward at an angle of 90-degrees to produce a true-sounding, stereo feeling, while the omnidirectional center microphone compensates for low-range sounds. The Tresmic combination provides a wide frequency range that will impress anyone who appreciates fine sound quality.
The Voice Playback feature allows you to skip non-voice audio during playback and only play the vocal content parts of the file. This saves time and improves efficiency during transcription.
Older, previous models required adjusting the microphone sensitivity according to the recording environment such as the number of people or the size of the meeting space. The new Intelligent Auto Mode function makes it easier for users by automatically adjusting the microphone sensitivity according to the volume of the speaker.
The Transcription mode conveniently creates minutes from your recordings. While transcribing, users frequently need to repeatedly play and then stop to check the content. In Transcription Mode, the DM-720 will automatically playback the 3 seconds before the stop, so you can check the contents before proceeding. Fast Forward is pre-set to 3.5x so you can conveniently skip the silent portions of your recording.
The Olympus DM-720 connects directly to your Laptop or PC via the built-in USB Direct Connector. Save data anytime, anywhere. Not only can you save and share data, but the DM-720 can also be charged via USB. All recording, saving, and sharing operations, as well as charging, can be performed on this easy-to-use digital voice recorder.
- Microphone sensitivity: Hi/Mid/Lo/Auto
- Voice-activated recording: VCVA/Voice Sync
- Internal memory: 4GB
- External memory: microSD (Max. 32GB)
- Low-cut filter
- Internal microphone frequency range: 20-20,000Hz (Center Mic ON)
- Stereo/Mono (Built-in microphone): Stereo/Tresmic
- Recording format: PCM/MP3
44.1kHz/128kbpsApprox. 61 hrs
44.1kHz/64kbps (mono) Approx. 123 hrs
11.025kHz/8kbps (mono) Approx. 985 hrs
- PC connectivity: USB Direct
- Plug-in power
- Noise cancel
- Voice balancer
- Playback speed control: 3.5X - 0.5X
- Forward skip (File skip, 10sec, 30sec, 1min, 5min, 10min)
- Reverse skip (File skip, 1sec to 3sec, 5sec, 10sec, 30sec, 1min, 5min)
- A-B repeat
- Recording and playback scene select
- Calendar Search
- File divide
- Index mark (Max. 99)
- Power requirements: AAA alkaline battery x1, or AAA Ni-MH rechargeable battery x1
- Battery life:
Recording Approx. 52hr.
Playback (Earphone) Approx. 35hr.
- Internal battery charge
- Speaker /Maximum output: Built-in 18mm round dynamic speaker/ 150mW
- Microphone jack: 3.5mm (impedance 2k ohm)
- Earphone jack: 3.5mm (impedance 8 ohm or more)
- USB microphone/speaker
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 4.17 x 1.6 x 0.57
- Weight (including batteries): 2.5 oz
- PC: Microsoft Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (Standard installation)
- Mac: OS X 10.5 to 10.10 (Standard installation)
View User Manual