- Receives weather and hazard alerts
- Alerts with loud tone, LED light and LCD display message
- Use daily as an alarm clock w/snooze
- AC power (adapter included) with battery backup
- Transmitter sends alerts to your connected receiver
The Silent Call Midland Alert Weather Radio with Transmitter package includes the base weather alert radio, plus adds a transmitter that sends alerts to your connected receiver when your weather radio receives important weather and hazard alerts. It's great for the deaf and hearing impaired.
WEATHER ALERT RADIO:
The Midland Alert Weather Radio continuously monitors the around-the-clock broadcasts transmitted from National Weather Service offices across the country. This network of combined All Hazard National Weather Radio stations is the most immediate source for comprehensive weather and instantaneous emergency information, in advance of television and radio bulletins. In addition, it functions as an everyday alarm clock with snooze.
The Midland Alert Weather Radio has an innovative automatic alert system. When a severe weather or special emergency statement is broadcast, the monitor is automatically activated along with a loud tone, an LED light and an alert message on the LCD display. Severe weather alerts include tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, ice/snow storms and other severe weather. Special emergency bulletins include information about Amber Alerts, explosions, fires or hazardous chemical spills.
The weather radio utilizes Specific Area Message Encoding (S.A.M.E.), which allows you to enter local county codes and eliminate alerts that are not within your programmed Specific Area. For example, if you only want to be informed for alerts within your county, enter only your county code. If you want to be informed about neighboring counties, you can enter those codes as well.
Note: The National Weather Service has a toll-free number to obtain S.A.M.E. county codes: 888-NWS-SAME (888-697-7263). You can also visit their NOAA Weather Radio web page to obtain S.A.M.E. county codes.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
- High performance receiver monitors U.S. Emergency All Hazards, and Emergency Alert System (EAS) weather bulletins, warnings, and forecasts
- Receives all National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reports, which provides all available emergency advisories on tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, floods, evacuations, civil danger warnings and more
- Flexible programming - select SAME broadcasts in up to 25 counties
- Clock displays time and has alarm and snooze functions
- Telescopic antenna provides maximum range reception up to 50 miles
- Antenna folds down for easy transport
- External power jack allows use of AC adapter (included) or DC cigarette lighter power cord (optional) to run off a car or boat battery
- Battery backup uses 3 AA alkaline batteries
- External alert jack allows use of other alerting devices (see Related Products below)
- LED backlit display
- Low battery level indicator
- Dimensions: 5.5" x 2.0" x 6.0" (130mm x 50mm x 152mm)
This Transmitter is a valuable accessory to your Midland Public Alert Weather Radio. It will send a signal to your connected receiver when your weather radio receives important weather and hazard alerts.