What makes this Jitterbug Flip cell phone the best choice for seniors and beginners (what the kids call "newbies")?
The Jitterbug Flip cell phone was designed specifically to be a simple, affordable cell phone for seniors and others with little, or no, cell phone experience.
While other phone companies try to outsmart each other by developing fancy-schmancy bells and whistles that the typical person will never use, the Jitterbug Flip is fully focused on being easy to see, easy to hear, and easy to use. It's not overloaded with complex hi-tech that would make it unnecessarily complicated. There's no swiping, no tapping the screen, no cryptic icons, and no confusing navigation— after all, its job is to be a phone, not an interstellar rocket ship.
The Jitterbug Flip's super-loud speakerphone and amplified speaker ensure that you can hear every word spoken by your family and friends. In addition, it even holds the highest available rating for compatibility with hearing aids (M4/T4).
Best of all, when you flip open your new Jitterbug, you'll be greeted by a normal, familiar-looking dial pad. All of the buttons are large and easy to use. The large, backlit buttons are easy to see and easy to press, even with unsure hands, even in dim lighting. There are easy YES and NO keys and centrally-located up and down buttons. It's extremely intuitive and a breeze to use.
The lower part of the sharp, color display screen has a handy "Command Area." This is where it asks you what you want to do.
For example, if you are in your Phone List and the first contact is highlighted— in the Command Area you will see the question, "Call?" Then you simply press the YES or NO key.
The phone has a built-in tutorial available whenever you need some help. In addition, friendly operators are available just by pressing the "0" button. They will even dial a number for you, just like those old-time switchboard operators back in the day.
Other outstanding senior-friendly features:
1) 5Star Service— immediately connects you to highly-trained agents who can help in any emergency;
2) Urgent Care— provides unlimited access to registered nurses and board-certified doctors, 24/7;
3) MedCoach— sends friendly reminders to keep you on top of your prescription schedule.
- Open Dimensions: 7.9 in. L x 2.2 in. W x 0.5 in. D
- Closed Dimensions: 4.3 in. L x 2.2 in. W x 0.7 in. D
- Weight: 4.7 oz.
- Battery Type: Lithium-ion
- Battery Capacity: 1,780 mAh
- Built-in Storage: 1 GB
- Storage Capacity: 1,000+ Photos, 50 texts, 200 contacts
- Internal Display: 3.2 in. color HVGA TFT"
- External Display: 1.44 in. color
- Headset Jack: Standard 3.5 mm
- Power Connector: Dock connector and Micro-USB
- Camera: 2.0 MP with flash
- Bluetooth v3.0
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M4/T4 Rating
- Jitterbug Flip Phone
- Battery (pre-installed)
- Charging Dock
- Wall Charger
- USB Cable
- User Guide
View User Manual