- Detects objects in your path & provides vibrating alert
- As obstacles get nearer, vibration frequency increases
- Hands-free - worn like eyeglasses/sunglasses
- Complements traditional long cane or guide dog
- Compact AC/USB charger and pouch included
The iGlasses Ultrasonic Mobility Aid is a head-mounted device which enables more informed, confident, and efficient pedestrian travel. Objects in your path are detected by the ultrasonic sensors and communicated via gentle vibrations. As obstacles get nearer the frequency of the vibration will increase. An excellent tool for the blind and partially sighted, iGlasses are intended as a secondary mobility device to complement the traditional long cane or guide dog.
The arms are adjustable and can be set to the most comfortable length by gently, but firmly, pulling the end of the arm away from the lens area. A Volume Control allows the vibration intensity level to be adjusted to suit your personal preference and your current environment.
Battery Level Notification. The iGlasses are easy to use and learn. Simply slide them on like a normal pair of glasses and depress the power button. An audible series of beeps will alert you that the device has turned on, at the same time communicating the current battery level. (4 BEEPS indicates 100-percent battery charge; 3 BEEPS - 75-percent; 2 BEEPS - 50-percent; 1 BEEP – 0-percent, Battery Charge Required.)
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
- On/Off Switch with audible battery level indication
- Adjustable vibration intensity via thumbwheel
- Hands free operation
- Adjustable arms
- Detection Range: 0-3 meters (detection map)
- Built-in 3.7V 600mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery
- Battery life equivalent to one week of typical use (10 hours continuous vibration)
- Compact AC charger included (charge via wall outlet or USB port on a PC)
- Quick charge in 2-3 hours
- Includes soft protective pouch
- 6-month manufacturer's limited warranty
Dimensions: 6.75" x 5.75" x 2"
Weight: 75 grams