- 8GB Internal Memory (expandable with optional 32GB Micro SD Cards)
- True Stereo Microphone & Intelligent Auto Mode (automatically adjusts the microphone sensitivity) for high quality MP3 recordings
- Voice Balancer improves audio playback when recording multiple speakers; playback speed user-controlled from 2.0X - 0.5X
- Simple Mode provides super-easy operation for beginners
- Built-In USB Connection - no cables needed to connect to PC or Laptop
The Olympus Digital Voice Recorder WS-853 features superb stereo quality with its True Stereo Mic system which has two built-in directional microphones. The WS-853 captures the highest quality recording with an authentic stereo experience, making you feel as if you are actually in the room where it was recorded.
The Intelligent Auto Mode automatically adjusts the microphone sensitivity according to the volume of the speaker, as well as the number of people and the size of the meeting space. To set this function, simply select Auto for the recording level from the menu.
The Simple Mode is perfect for beginners by having the recorder display only the necessary information in a large easy-to-read font. It also limits the functions in the menu to those which are most frequently used. Advanced users will appreciate the Normal Mode which provides full control and functionality.
The Olympus Digital Voice Recorder WS-853 can connect directly to a computer with the built-in USB connector. This makes it possible to easily transfer your recordings to your PC or Laptop without needing a USB cable.
The built-in stand on the back of the body is carefully designed to reduce the noise when the recorder is placed on a table. It works much like a kickstand and allows users to read the menu without having to look down at the recorder.
The Voice Balancer improves audio playback quality. When recordings contain multiple speakers, the Voice Balancer makes softer voices louder and ensures that louder voices stay below a certain level, providing playback where everyone can be clearly heard. This is invaluable when recording sound sources from multiple positions, such as at a meeting.
The noise-cancellation function provides clear playback by reducing unwanted ambient noise, such as air-conditioner noise or projector fan noise. This is especially useful when playing back recordings of meetings.
Due to the recorder's energy efficiency, users can rely on the recorder for over 2,000 hours of recording time and for over 100 hours of battery life.
After recording many college lectures or business meetings, you will apreciate that file searching is fast and easy with the Olympus WS-853. Saved audio files are automatically organized by date and displayed in the calendar.
The WS-853 was awarded 6 Dragons, for the highest recognition rating when using Dragon NaturallySpeaking software from Nuance Communications, Inc. Dragon automatically turns your talk into text and can make virtually any computer task easier and faster. For more information please visit Nuance's website.
- Microphone sensitivity: Hi/Lo/Auto
- Voice activated recording: VCVA/Voice Sync.
- Internal microphone frequency range: 70-17,000Hz
- Stereo/Mono (Built-in microphone): Stereo
- Recording format: MP3
- Recording Time 44.1kHz/128kbps: Approx. 130hr.
- Recording Time 44.1kHz/64kbps (mono): Approx. 260hr.
- Recording Time 11.025kHz/8kbps (mono): Approx. 2080hr.
- Internal memory: 8GB
- External memory: microSD (Max. 32GB)
- PC connectivity: USB Direct
- Playback speed control: 2.0X - 0.5X
- Power requirements: AAA alkaline battery x2, or AAA Ni-MH rechargeable battery x2
- Battery life Recording: Approx. 110hr.
- Battery life Playback: (Earphone): Approx. 90hr.
- Speaker /Maximum output: Built-in 20mm round dynamic speaker/ 250mW
- Microphone jack: 3.5mm (impedance 2k ohm)
- Earphone jack: 3.5mm (impedance 8 ohm or more)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 111.5 x 39 x 18mm
- Weight (including batteries): 77g
- Supplied accessories: 2 AAA Rechargeable Batteries, Case
- Specifications and design are subject to change without notice.
View User Manual