The relevant, concrete stories in Click to Read: Animal Habitats support science curriculum for learning challenged students in early childhood through post-high school. The Desert and A Home in the Forest contain clear photos of animals living in these habitats. Additional language or math concepts in each unit expand learning opportunities. The core vocabulary and concepts in each story are as follows:
- The Desert: Animals, birds, and plants found in the Southwest desert
- A Home in the Forest: Animals that live in the forest and the places they make their homes
- Pond Life: Animals, insects, and plants found in the pond habitat; emphasis on prepositions "in, on, around"
- Ocean Creatures: Familiar ocean inhabitants; one:one correspondence of 1 through 5 items
- Large, simple graphics
- Color-coded picture communication symbols facilitate learning
- Three reading levels
- Works with mouse, touch screen, or switches
- Lots of clear speech prompting, correction, and reinforcement in male or female voice
- Designed by speech pathologists
Software on CD for Mac and Windows
Also available in the money-saving Click to Read Bundle.
- Macintosh running MacOS 10.4 or newer, or a PC running Windows XP or newer
- Supports keyboard, mouse, touch screen, and up to 3 switches