WeWALK has leveraged cutting edge technology and AI to create a revolutionary assistive tool designed to improve the independent lifestyles of those who are visually impaired.
The cane pairs with the WeWALK app to provide guided navigation, an exploration feature to locate points of interests around you, and a public transit feature to monitor arrival times and when you need to get off your stop.
WeWALK was featured on more than 200 news sources including CNN, Bloomberg, and World Economic Forum, and has won a number of noteworthy awards including:
- Time’s Best Invention 2019
- Edison Awards Gold Winner
- Fast Company – World Changing Ideas
- Amazon’s Startup of the Year 2021
Amazing Features Galore!
The WeWALK smart cane contains a built-in ultrasonic sensor which allows it to detect obstacles above chest level such as low hanging tree branches, street signs, and lamp posts. WeWALK also has a built-in compass which allows the user to get accurate guided navigation when the user pairs their cane with the WeWALK app
The WeWALK smart cane comes supplied with a foldable, Ambutech graphite cane which attaches to the smart handle. Assembling the cane is easy! Simply attach the Ambutech cane right into the smart handle
An Alternative, Affordable Solution for Visually Impaired Folks Who Are Ready to Enjoy a New Evolution of the Standard White Cane
The WeWALK smart cane includes so many valuable, life-enhancing features when connected to the WeWalk app!
- The ability to detect obstacles above chest level
- The ability to navigate anywhere with accessible turn-by-turn directions, public transit schedule monitoring with stop tracking, and “explore mode” features to discover popular places around you
- Designed for both blind and low vision users! Low vision users can adjust the settings in the app’s preferences menu to change color scheme, font sizes, and more. WeWALK also has a low vision optimized map within the app’s navigation menu
- Use all the navigation features without having your phone out through the WeWALK smart cane’s touchpad. Simply use the cane’s voice menu and put your phone away!
- WeWALK can be used for social distancing, as well as detecting elevators and revolving doors
- Uber integration! You have the option to walk or take an Uber to your destination
- Explore and discover new things! The cane’s app includes an Exploration feature. If you engage the WeWALK’s “Exploration” switch, the app will scan the area you are in and notify you about any popular points of interests such as cafes, restaurants, museums, and much more
- The cane’s “Public Transportation” app feature lets you easily check arrival times for bus or metro lines in your area. This app feature works in many thousands of cities across the world where public transit is available
Go Ahead and Give WeWALK a Try Today!
The WeWALK app is available for both Android and iOS phones and can be downloaded from your phone’s app store. The app is currently available in 10 languages and works in thousands of cities worldwide. The app uses multiple data providers to create an exceptional navigation and exploration experience for visually impaired users.
The WeWALK app and community continues to grow day by day and software improvements are released on a frequent basis, so there’s always something for you to get excited about.
Here’s to a new-found (and safe!) independence!