Discover the latest innovations in the low-vision, low-hearing, and mobility industry, as well as those must-have products to enhance your day-to-day life. Our Independent-Living Blog will help make daily life a little less of a struggle and a bit more pleasurable with assistive products, suggestions, and advice. MaxiAids Helps You Do It . . . Yourself™
Maxi-Aids prides itself on delivering the latest back-to-school essentials for those with low visibility or hearing issues. Browse our selection of products today, as well as take a look at a few of our most popular ones below!
Oval Talking Keychain
The Oval Talking Keychain is perfect for anyone with low-vision issues. Large LCD screen, time announcement and alarm, all in one small package. Perfect for the dorms and beyond!
Bold Line Paper
What student doesn't need bold-line paper? When shopping for school supplies, a pack of five pads for the semester should be right at the top. Another great low-vision product!
Heavy Duty Bed Vibrator
For those with hearing issues, this heavy dutybed vibrator might be the best dorm room essential we offer. Getting up early for that calculus class just got so much easier thanks to this bed and pillow vibrator. Place under your pillow and connect to your alarm clock for easy use.
E-Wheels Mobility Scooter
Getting around your school or college campus can be a pain in the butt, especially if you've got mobility issues. Thankfully, Maxi-Aids has got you covered with the E-Wheels jellybean collection of scooters. Available in a bunch of different colors, you'll look fresh as you zip around campus, class to class.
Spring is finally here and with that comes sunshine, clear skies and beautiful weather that should inspire all of us to get active and enjoy the outdoors. The best part about this time of year is that we have several months of spring and summer ahead of us, making this the perfect opportunity to set goals, gear up and plan to get outside as much as possible. Whether you are looking to protect your eyes, see things clearer, increase your mobility or just make life a little easier, here are 5 Easy Ways to Make Your Spring and Summer More Accessible:
5 Easy Ways To Make Spring and Summer More Accessible - MaxiAids.com
1. The sun is so bright, you gotta wear shades: No warm weather season is complete without sunglasses. As fun as it is to bask in the sunlight, it's equally as important to protect your eyes. Sunglasses are vital to protecting your vision and helping you alleviate painful exposure to light and harmful UV rays.
MaxiAids offers a wide selection of protective sunglasses eyewear and UV protective sunglasses to help maintain your eye health and minimize light sensitivity. Sunglasses options from MaxiAids include Cocoons Low Vision Sunglasses available in four specific tints to help increase visual acuity, Cocoons and NoIR fitovers that are designed to be worn over prescription glasses, flip up sunglasses that you can attach to existing eyewear, and stylish all-purpose protective sunglasses suitable for everyone.
2. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood ... so let's get moving: When the sun comes up on a picture-perfect spring or summer morning, you might find it hard to look on the bright side if you don't move as well as you used to. The good news is you don't have to let decreased or limited mobility put a damper on your outlook because MaxiAids has mobility solutions to meet all of your special needs and get you moving, including these brand new electric scooters from eWheels that are the perfect combination of speed, safety, performance and personality!
These colorful, stylish scooters even come shipped fully assembled and ride ready so you can get rev up that engine and revel in the outdoors as soon as possible.
3. I can see clearly now the strain is gone: Are you tired of squinting and straining your eyes whenever you are at a concert or a ball game, on vacation or outside trying to enjoy nature? Whether you have low vision and are seeking a way to magnify your view or simply want the clearest focus you can possibly get from a distance, these innovative and lightweight head worn binoculars from Beecher Optical Products can help.
Beecher Mirage Binoculars are one of many binoculars and monoculars available at MaxiAids. They are designed for distance viewing and perfect for bird watching, viewing special events, church services, vacation activities, sporting events, museums, theater performances, concerts, hobbies/crafts, computers/TVs, and much more.
4. Put Me Into The Ball Game, Take Me Out of the Crowd: Just because a child or adult is visually impaired, it does not mean he or she has to sit on the sidelines when it comes to playing sports or remaining active. Audible and beeping balls make it possible for sporting activities and competitions to be more inclusive, and MaxiAids is proud to offer a wide selection of accessible balls to help anyone with low vision enjoy the upcoming spring and summer months on the field with their friends and teammates.
5. I would walk 500 miles, without even realizing it: While we all make an effort to exercise year-round and even set goals at different points of the calendar year, it is no secret that the spring and summer give us extra motivation to ramp up our fitness routines. With that said, a little positive reinforcement goes a long way and by tracing your everyday steps and seeing how many calories you've burned along the way, that just might be the key to gaining some confidence to help boost your desire to stay active.
If this interests you, MaxiAids has Talking Pedometers to get you moving in the right direction, both physically and mentally. Simply clip to your clothes or even place in your purse or backpack, and the Talking WalkFit Pedometer will count your steps and announce the amount back to you. It also tells you the time, exercise time, distance walked and calories burned in a clear female voice, making it a valuable exercise tool for anyone including those with low vision.
Well, there you have it, our list of 5 easy ways to make your spring and summer more accessible.
We hope you found this post to be a helpful resource in adding accessibility to these upcoming warm weather months, and from all of us at MaxiAids Products for Independent Living, we wish you a happy, healthy and accessible outdoors season!
Visit www.maxiaids.com for the largest selection of products for independent living at the lowest prices.
Unlock over $1,500 in Savings with MaxiAids 2015 Coupon Book! Great deals on accessible, affordable products for those with special needs!
MaxiAids Products for Independent Living is proud to give back to its amazing customers with the 2015 Coupon Book featuring over $1,500 in savings with coupons that can be redeemed at www.maxiaids.com!
Save big on top sellers, new innovations and accessible products that are designed to meet the unique needs of seniors, caregivers, blind, low vision, deaf, hard of hearing, arthritic, diabetic and anyone who just needs a little help in improving their daily lives and maintaining an active, independent lifestyle.
Unlock your savings today and check out our coupon book RIGHT HERE!