Shop the largest selection of games and recreational items for the blind and visually impaired this holiday season!
Create more holiday fun with family and friends! MaxiAids offers many tactile and braille games to choose from that are designed for both the blind and sighted so everyone in the family can play. Those who are blind, suffer from low vision and have sight impairment can participate in social games along with their sighted family members and friends, encouraging interactive time together.
Spring is finally here and with that comes sunshine, clear skies and beautiful weather that should inspire all of us to get active and enjoy the outdoors. The best part about this time of year is that we have several months of spring and summer ahead of us, making this the perfect opportunity to set goals, gear up and plan to get outside as much as possible. Whether you are looking to protect your eyes, see things clearer, increase your mobility or just make life a little easier, here are 5 Easy Ways to Make Your Spring and Summer More Accessible:
5 Easy Ways To Make Spring and Summer More Accessible - MaxiAids.com
1. The sun is so bright, you gotta wear shades: No warm weather season is complete without sunglasses. As fun as it is to bask in the sunlight, it's equally as important to protect your eyes. Sunglasses are vital to protecting your vision and helping you alleviate painful exposure to light and harmful UV rays.
MaxiAids offers a wide selection of protective sunglasses eyewear and UV protective sunglasses to help maintain your eye health and minimize light sensitivity. Sunglasses options from MaxiAids include Cocoons Low Vision Sunglasses available in four specific tints to help increase visual acuity, Cocoons and NoIR fitovers that are designed to be worn over prescription glasses, flip up sunglasses that you can attach to existing eyewear, and stylish all-purpose protective sunglasses suitable for everyone.
2. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood ... so let's get moving: When the sun comes up on a picture-perfect spring or summer morning, you might find it hard to look on the bright side if you don't move as well as you used to. The good news is you don't have to let decreased or limited mobility put a damper on your outlook because MaxiAids has mobility solutions to meet all of your special needs and get you moving, including these brand new electric scooters from eWheels that are the perfect combination of speed, safety, performance and personality!
These colorful, stylish scooters even come shipped fully assembled and ride ready so you can get rev up that engine and revel in the outdoors as soon as possible.
3. I can see clearly now the strain is gone: Are you tired of squinting and straining your eyes whenever you are at a concert or a ball game, on vacation or outside trying to enjoy nature? Whether you have low vision and are seeking a way to magnify your view or simply want the clearest focus you can possibly get from a distance, these innovative and lightweight head worn binoculars from Beecher Optical Products can help.
Beecher Mirage Binoculars are one of many binoculars and monoculars available at MaxiAids. They are designed for distance viewing and perfect for bird watching, viewing special events, church services, vacation activities, sporting events, museums, theater performances, concerts, hobbies/crafts, computers/TVs, and much more.
4. Put Me Into The Ball Game, Take Me Out of the Crowd: Just because a child or adult is visually impaired, it does not mean he or she has to sit on the sidelines when it comes to playing sports or remaining active. Audible and beeping balls make it possible for sporting activities and competitions to be more inclusive, and MaxiAids is proud to offer a wide selection of accessible balls to help anyone with low vision enjoy the upcoming spring and summer months on the field with their friends and teammates.
5. I would walk 500 miles, without even realizing it: While we all make an effort to exercise year-round and even set goals at different points of the calendar year, it is no secret that the spring and summer give us extra motivation to ramp up our fitness routines. With that said, a little positive reinforcement goes a long way and by tracing your everyday steps and seeing how many calories you've burned along the way, that just might be the key to gaining some confidence to help boost your desire to stay active.
If this interests you, MaxiAids has Talking Pedometers to get you moving in the right direction, both physically and mentally. Simply clip to your clothes or even place in your purse or backpack, and the Talking WalkFit Pedometer will count your steps and announce the amount back to you. It also tells you the time, exercise time, distance walked and calories burned in a clear female voice, making it a valuable exercise tool for anyone including those with low vision.
Well, there you have it, our list of 5 easy ways to make your spring and summer more accessible.
We hope you found this post to be a helpful resource in adding accessibility to these upcoming warm weather months, and from all of us at MaxiAids Products for Independent Living, we wish you a happy, healthy and accessible outdoors season!
Visit www.maxiaids.com for the largest selection of products for independent living at the lowest prices.